Daily Gems

Friday, December 18, 2009

Fitness for December

Hey Sisters!
We had a blast last night trying out Katie's spinning class! It's not too late to come and "sample" the water aerobics classes at the pool. December 28 at 10:00 am, and December 30 at 9:00 am. (Shannon put the details about the class in an earlier post.) Katie talked to us last night about weight bearing exercise. The pool is a great way to get that! If you need a babysitter, the young women are out of school that day.
Tips for the pool: When I go I take flip flops with me. I wear them in the shower and walking around in the locker room. I am a bit of a germo-phobe and I don't want to pick up any foot fungus. Before I go in I shower (of course) and get my hair really wet, then I work in a tiny bit of conditioner in the ends of my hair before I put my cap on. My theory is that if I fill up my hair with water and then a little conditioner, it won't soak up as much chlorine. It seems to work. Don't put in conditioner if you don't have a cap though, we don't want a film of conditioner floating on top of the pool. You don't put your head under for classes, but I still like to protect my hair in case of splashes.

No comments:

Post a Comment